Thanksgiving is less than 24 hours away and I can feel the holiday spirit in the air! I love the holiday season and I feel Thanksgiving is the official kick-off date!
Unfortunately, Thanksgiving can easily get lost in the whirlwind of anxiety from the thought of eating due to the tradition or expectation to overeat! Thanksgiving was never intended to be an event where everyone could feel uncomfortably stuffed and weigh a few more pounds at the end of the day. Thanksgiving is the one day of the year that is set aside to specifically recognize the many ways that we are fortunate.
Instead of worrying about how to get out of eating calories or allowing calories to steal precious holiday moments from you, I encourage the NutriFocus family to treat Thanksgiving as any normal day of eating… eat when you are hungry, stop when you are full. This will allow you the chance to enjoy the reason for the holiday and love on your loved ones!
This year I have several things I am thankful for, which I thought I would like to share with the NutriFocus family!
- My relationship with my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ
- My loving husband & our marriage
- My amazing, selfless, loving mother and father
- My new nephew, Hartwell and my sweet Slayden and beautiful Claudia
- The return of my brother George from Iraq
- My Mamaw’s Ability to Continue Healing
- Each special relationship with my girlfriends and the memories we made in 2010
What are you thankful for this holiday season?!
I’m looking forward to sharing many thanks with my family and friends. I encourage each of you to share your unique blessings and “thank-you’s” with those that you love this year!
Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude. ~E.P. Powell