• Folate is also known as B9 or Folic Acid
• Folate helps the body create new cells and regulate serotonin (Serotonin plays a variety of functions including determining mood)
• Folate deficiency can cause fatigue and reduce serotonin levels
• Folate has the potential to boost the efficiency of antidepressants
• RDA: 400mcg per day for adults
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
• Add Fresh Spinach to Your Morning Omelet. ½ cup Spinach provides 131mcg of Folate.
• Top Your Turkey Sandwich with Avocado or Dip Fresh Vegetables in Guacamole for a Snack. ½ cup Avocado Provides 59mcg of Folate
• Need a Side Dish Idea?! How about a Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad or Roasted Asparagus to Provide About 80mcg of Folate!
• Fill Up on Folate and Protein by Warming Up Black-Eyed Peas. ½ cup Packs 105mcg of Folate!!