Need a quick weeknight dinner idea?
NutriFocusRD has got your answer!
This creamy, nutritious soup hits the spot! It is a guaranteed family favorite!!
Creamy Tomato & Tortellini Soup:
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- ½ lb. Italian Sausage
- 1 Diced White Onion
- 24oz Organic Marinara Sauce
- 8oz Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- 32oz Reduced Sodium Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 8oz Diced Bella Mushrooms
- 4-5 cups Fresh Organic Baby Spinach
- 16-20oz Frozen or Refrigerated Whole Wheat Cheese Tortellini
- ½ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- French Bread or Rosemary Olive Oil Bread (Costco)
- In a stockpot, add EVOO, diced onion, and Italian sausage. Cook until sausage is brown.
- Add marinara sauce into the meat mixture and stir well.
- Using a whisk, stir in cream cheese until blended well. Once blended, add chicken broth and bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, baby spinach, and cheese tortellini to broth and combine well. Allow to simmer for 7-9 minutes.
- Serve soup warm, topped with 1-2 Tbsp shredded parmesan cheese, and with a warm, crusty French bread for dipping! Enjoy!!!