Tired of packing a boring sandwich for lunch?
Want to boost your antioxidant level by increasing your vegetable intake?
Want to wake up your taste buds with fresh, exotic flavors?
This quick and easy salad is perfect for you!
Don’t settle for a sandwich, when you can re-energize your body mid-day with this nutrient dense, flavorful dish!
You are worth it!
Moroccan Chickpea, Carrot, and Spiced Quinoa Salad
Yields: 4-5 Servings
Recipe Inspired By Happy Hearted Kitchen
- 1 cup Tri-Colored Quinoa
- 1 ½ cup Salted water
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 ½ teaspoon Ground Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 cans Organic Chickpeas, drained and rinsed; Pat dry
- 1/2 Tbsp Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Ground Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- 8 Medium Carrots
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of one Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Local Honey
- ¼ cup Raisins or Currants
- 1/2 cup Raw Almonds, Sliced or Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Coriander
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Toss chickpeas with spices. Place on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes, or until chickpeas are slightly brown and crunchy. Toss the chickpeas halfway through cooking time to evenly cook.
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water. Add rinsed quinoa and water to a pot and season with salt. Add in spices. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes, then remove from heat and let sit with the lid on for another 5 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, slice carrots into ribbons. Drizzle with olive oil, honey and lemon juice and set aside.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork and add to the carrots. Mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
If you are taking this salad for lunch, go ahead and portion into individual servings so the dish is ready to go when you are!