A fun and tasty way to incorporate beets into your diet is here!!! Beets are no longer just for salad….. and it makes for a great table conversation when your loved ones are eating their fudge! This “fudge” has more a texture of a flourless torte and serves well with coconut whipped cream and fresh raspberries!
- 16oz medjool dates, pitted
- 3 Organic Cooked Beets (I recommend Love Beets or Trader Joe’s Organic Beets)
- 1 Tbsp pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6-9 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- Allow dates to soak in warm water for 10 minutes to soften. While the dates are soaking, place the chopped chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Melt chocolate and oil slowly in microwave (stirring every 30 seconds). Once melted, set aside.
- Drain the dates and place them in a food processor, along with the chopped beets, vanilla extract, cacao powder, cinnamon, and salt. Process until thick and smooth — you may need to stop the processor, scrape the sides with a rubber spatula, and start again several times.
- Leaving the food processor on, pour the melted chocolate/oil through the top and allow the mixture to process until smooth.
- Fold the chopped walnut into the fudge mixture with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the fudge mixture to a parchment-lined 8″ by 8″ square baking pan and spread evenly. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the fudge and gently press down in order to create an even, packed layer.
- Refrigerate at least two hours or place in freezer to harden. Turn the block of fudge out onto a cutting board and slice into 16 square with s sharp knife.
Recipe Adapted From: Love Beets